Aglow Internation Mission Statement

· Help restore and mobilize women and men around the world

· Promote gender reconciliation in the Body of Christ as God designed

· Amplify awareness of global concerns from a biblical perspective

Have you been to our website? www.aglow.org

7/05/2010

Devotional for July

Do Not Be Anxious About Anything

by Christine Rebuck, VP of Financial Development

"Do not be anxious about anything..." easy to say, but can we do it? When I took time to examine this segment of Scripture found in Philippians 4:6, it was at a very "anxious" time in my life. Like many families, ours had gone through a drastic decrease in income due to economic slowness. Bills were mounting up, and my faith was being challenged daily.

I found myself hurrying through my Bible reading, but as I came to Philippians 4, it seemed my brain suddenly went into slow motion...verse 6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Several words stood out in verse 6: 1) EVERYTHING 2) PRAYER 3) PETITION and 4) THANKSGIVING.

"Everything" sure is a big word. It was meant to cover any possible thing I could ever worry about. "Prayer" is my conversation with God - our together time...He wanted to share this with me! "Petition" is asking or pleading. I learned it is okay to earnestly lay my requests - even plead - with my Lord. "Thanksgiving" - yes, giving thanks in EVERY THING. It was after all this I found the comforting words in verse 7: "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

My eyes flooded with tears and my heart with joy - AND peace. No, my situation did not make a drastic about-face. In fact, it has been a very slow, upward climb. However, I know that I can have that peace whenever I need it - day or night. And so can you!