Aglow Internation Mission Statement

· Help restore and mobilize women and men around the world

· Promote gender reconciliation in the Body of Christ as God designed

· Amplify awareness of global concerns from a biblical perspective

Have you been to our website? www.aglow.org

5/03/2014

MOTHER'S DAY BLOG - MEETING MAY 10, 2014

Mother's Day

This reminds me of an old song:

M-O-T-H-E-R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.


A heart full of love is the definition of "Mother".  She gives everything in her being to provide for and nurture her family.  She works tirelessly at home and sometimes on the job.  
We know that GOD is love; it is His very nature, who He is; and I think that He has deposited that love in the heart of Mother's everywhere.
A son or daughter does not appreciate his/her mother enough until they are no longer living.  As Mother's Day approaches, sadness comes stealing into our beings when our mother is no longer with us.  We can only hope that we will see her again one day...only God can judge who gets into Heaven and who doesn't, but I hope and pray that my parents will be there waiting for me when God calls me home. 
(I also have a sister that my mother was unable to carry to full term, and I am looking forward to meeting her.)*

*Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo shares with us this joyful news that the babies are with God. When his little son, Colton, had a life and death experience, Colton saw his sister in Heaven.

Our existence is like a short breath here on earth when compared to eternity, so we need to try and make the most of it; and honoring our father and mother is one of the commandments with a promise..that our lives will be longer here on earth if we do.

Have a happy Mother's DayMay God richly bless you, pour out His love and comfort on you, and give you a blessing of more than you can think of or imagine. The bouquet is for you.  All our love, Winter Park Aglow Community Lighthouse.