Aglow Internation Mission Statement

· Help restore and mobilize women and men around the world

· Promote gender reconciliation in the Body of Christ as God designed

· Amplify awareness of global concerns from a biblical perspective

Have you been to our website? www.aglow.org

6/22/2011

Winter Park Aglow Community Lighthouse welcomes Jan Fredrick

What Patriotism Means to Me
By Katelyn Wangerin - 8th. Grade

In the modern world, beauty is unseen. No one can see the inner beauty of a sparrow gracefully flying across a velvet sky. Very few can hear the sweet song the sparrow sings. Patriotism is like that sparrow; unseen by the modern world, but heard by the ones listening.

In my eyes, patriotism is more than a word. It is a life; a life dedicated to our nation. America has lived with us, endured our hardships, and let us cry on her shoulders. She laughed with us, fought with us, and gave us a place to call home. Her heart beats with ours. A million hearts, all with different rhythms, all come together to beat in a slow, steady beat. Patriotism is our life.

As said before, the sparrow is unseen; only a few can see the sparrow. As a patriot, I can see the sparrow. I can see the color in its song, the beauty in its wings, and the hope in its eyes. Forever I will show my colors and honor America's soldiers. They risk their lives for her, like a family. That is true patriotism; bonding together as a family. Forever I can call them my family.

Patriotism is not only like the sparrow, it is also like an eagle. The eagle is strong, brave, and true. It protects its offspring and hunts down its enemies. It flies above and keeps a careful watch over its offspring, assuring that no harm shall come their way. When the eagle sees danger, it lashes out onto its enemy that dares to defy its freedom. The eagle fights for its freedom, as we should.

Unlike the sparrow, the eagle is seen. People behold its beauty as it soars through the air, slicing at the wind. The eagle and the sparrow together show what true patriotism really is; bravery, strength, honesty, family, and loyalty;. Patriotism is a way of life. For me, I am not yet an eagle, but still a small sparrow, and forever I shall help it sing its song so sweet.

May God's favor be forever with America. 2 Chronicles 7:14 states: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." KJV