Aglow Internation Mission Statement

· Help restore and mobilize women and men around the world

· Promote gender reconciliation in the Body of Christ as God designed

· Amplify awareness of global concerns from a biblical perspective

Have you been to our website? www.aglow.org

5/09/2017

I Miss You, Mom by Renee Devall
I used to think that people didn't need
their moms so much after they grew up.
But I've realized that's not true.
So often, when I'm making a decision, 
I wish you were here
so I could ask your advice.
And so many times, 
when something happens
that I know you would enjoy,
I wish you were here
to share it with me.
Now that I'm older
I've realized how special our relationship is,
And while I'm thankful for this bond,
somehow it makes me miss you more..
Mom, I love you so very much. 

God's Helpers - by George W. Wiseman
God could not be in every place
With loving hands to help erase
The teardrops from each baby's face,
And so He thought of mother.
He could not send us here alone
And leave us to a fate unknown; 
Without providing for His own, 
The outstretched arms of mother.

God could not watch us night and day
And kneel beside our crib to pray,
Or kiss our little aches away;
And so He sent us mother.
And when our childhood days began,
He simply could not take command,
That's why He placed our tiny hand
Securely into mother's.
The days of youth slipped quickly by,
Life's sun rose higher in the sky.
Full grown were we, yet ever nigh
to love us still, was mother.
And when life's span of years shall end
I know that God will gladly send,
To welcome home her child again,
That ever-faithful mother.


I no longer have my mother.  She died at the age of 57 by suicide.  I miss her and think of her constantly.  I pray that God in His mercy has accepted her into His Kingdom.  He knew that she was mentally ill at the time she took her life.  I agree with the writer of the poem above when she wrote that there are many times I would desire to have her opinion on something I'm going through.

Mom's are to be like God, in that she is to love her children unconditionally even when the lifestyle they choose is clearly not the right one.     My children mean the world to me. I would gladly give my life for them if need be.  I am so grateful to God that He entrusted me with my son, daughter, and grandson.  There are so many times I feel that I was not a good parent and wish I could redo many things, but you cannot go back. You must continue on life's path and be on your knees for your family, praying that God will have mercy on all of us.  He is love, He considered me worthy to be a mother. I only wish that I could have been and can be a  better one.

I am so grateful that God is a father to me.  That means everything.  If my children, husband, and I will be accepted into His Kingdom, that is all I ask.  I praise His Holy Name and want to serve Him as long as I have breath to do so. 

Winter Park Aglow will meet the 2nd Saturday of each month at Aloma U. Methodist Church, 3045 Aloma Avenue, Winter Park, FL in room 24 at 9:30 a.m. The Phone Number for Aloma is 407 671-2180. Come and enjoy refreshments with us as well as prayer and fellowship.  Men, Women, and Teens are welcome.  The meeting is usually over by around 12:30 p.m.  We have a different anointed speaker each month.